Sunday, June 12, 2011

Gettin' Some Fun Outta Life

Well, it was a busy and oh, so jazzy weekend for Ava and the boys. We played at Satellite Bistro in south Austin on Friday night. They have tofu, oh, and a baby grand piano. Anytime, there's a real piano (and in tune! according to Ammon) it's a special treat for us. Satellite Bistro has a very early 1960's mid-century modern sort of feel, so it definitely was a good fit. We made a few fans and one lady came up to me to say I belonged in Manhattan and she couldn't believe she had such an elegant night in Circle C. Flattering. Too bad I'm a California girl. But, we will probably be playing there pretty regularly for the rest of the year. Yay!

Here's the flier I made for the occasion.

SatelliteBistro

The Baby Grand and Matt and Ammon. Looking Intense.

MattAmmonSat

AvaDance
Between sets. This is why I don't dance. And, also why I will never be a great fashion blogger. I just can't take myself that seriously.

On Saturday, our first show was for Club Red's Hurricane Party. We met lovely people, enjoyed Sweet Tea Vodka, and did what we do best...giggle. Oh, and play jazz I suppose. It was a simply beautiful afternoon in Austin. Especially gazing out onto the skyline from the air-conditioned and very hip Star Bar. Of course, I wore red.


AmmonAvaLaugh

RedDress

Here's a shot I got in from an event for Habitat Young Professionals back in May. We played during the VIP reception and were followed by Austin Big Band, the Vintage 15, and, a band that makes me think of highschool, The Cherry Poppin Daddies. I loved the vintage car behind us.

HYPGala

That dress is vintage, of course, from my friends at Feathers on South Congress.

Lastly, my most recent Ava Advertisement!

AvaAd

Song Inspiration for this post:

Getting Some Fun Outta Life:

When we want to work. we work
When we want to play, we play
In a happy setting, we're getting
Some fun out of life
When we want to sing, we sing
When we want to dance, we dance
You can do your betting, we're getting
Some fun out of life


As sung by Miss Billie Holiday Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment