Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Allow Me To Introduce You

I love this quote from Margaret Cho:

"...When I was a little girl I always wished I would be constantly surrounded by gorgeous guys, and I am, and I should have been more specific".

I have this thing, some may call it "fabulous", I don't know, but it seems that for almost as long as I can remember, well, at least since about 13 or 14 when my friends and I could start fathoming any kind of sexuality, in between viewings of Cabaret and Funny Girl or backstage during a production of Beauty & The Beast or South Pacific, it was during these formative years that A Fag-Hag Extraordinaire Was Born.

Since, I have, well, spent my life surrounded by beautiful (unavailable) men. It's a blessing and a curse (but mostly a blessing).

One of my Major Players showed up at FRANK SWANK the other night & another was there as well,but he's in the band (and will, in a likelihood, end up a contributor to this blog) so he had to be there...

Without further ado, allow me to introduce you to Carter Maxwell (the dapper) and Ammon Taylor (the pianist) captured goofing off with yours truly during a break at FRANK SWANK. I love these two dearly.

middle

(Carter is on the right and Ammon the left)

And, a few more shots taken at FRANK SWANK including a detail of one of my favorite dresses, which is a vintage Eisenberg Original, and it was a steal.

foolishthings

Lastly, Matthew (who you met in the first blog post) and I pretending we were alive in the sixties and oh, so, hip.

alittleswank

Music practice is at my apartment in a couple hours and it's a hot mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment